Thursday, October 11, 2007

The wisdom of the decorative lamp

It's 2.44a.m. I should already be asleep by now. It is perfectly human to do so. It is biologically required. I should remind myself next time that sleep is a mandatory human behavior and being vampirically awake should never ever an option.

Whatever.

Yesterday was supposed to be an ordinary day. I was hoping that it would be. I was planning for it to be mundane. But something happened. There was a trigger. A soft one. But chilling.

And so I wrote this dreaded letter. For over two hours, I labored to piece together the words that should encapsulate my five-year worth of drama. There was sadness. There was pain. There was anxiety. There was excitement. There was a spark of adventure.

It's 2.50a.m., my clock says. I should get some sleep. but not until I say something good, heartwarming, positive. Yes, I received an email from best friend Jean, that she's already in Toronto with her Ilana, and the spaces around her are everything that we only see on TV or in the movies. I asked Jean to take pictures and write something that I could post here. And all she could say for now is this:

"The sun doesn't work at all! Naa sun but you can't feel the heat. Mura ra sha decorative lamp."

Wahahahaha. So funny, Jean. I feel so good for you. I love you, Jean!

And I am feeling good for myself too. Beautiful adventure, here I come. Weeeeee!

No comments: