Saturday, October 06, 2007

It’s a nice Sunday, my Baby

It’s a nice Sunday, my Baby

It’s a nice Sunday, my baby.
How about if we take
a nice long walk somewhere?
Some place where
there are lots of trees
and soft grasses
and we could chase each other
like the little boys we once were.
But instead of swapping toys
and sharing sweets and cotton candies,
we would just smile to the sun because
of our many hugs and many kisses.

It’s a nice Sunday, my baby.
How about if we
just spend the day in our couch
and watch some old movies?
You know that I am such a sucker
for those Hollywood romances.
You know that I love
to be teased by you
when I go gaga over those corny lines
and mushy happy endings.
We could call the pizza guy
and in a little while
I would just adore the heaven that is you
as you walk towards our door,
in your boxers and skin,
to fetch our delivery.

It’s a nice Sunday, my baby.
How about if we just don’t leave our bed
as I have in my mind
some pretty interesting stuff
that we could both enjoy
beneath the soft white sheets?
Yeah, I feel a bit lazy today,
and you know how crazy I become
when I am lazy and you are also just inches away.
Let us enjoy this day, my baby.
Let us see the beautiful world from our bed,
through our bedroom window
where the graceful morning light
is shining through.

September 9, 2007



Naval, Biliran

No comments: