Tuesday, October 09, 2007

This heinous thing called Love

Things I have so far observed about this emotional blah blah blah called love. Or things that I have noticed about myself, only that I accuse love as the unwitting culprit. Whatever.

1. Love transforms a person into a fictional hollywood character. The person in love loses sight of reality. He abandons the earthly fact that reliable or believable relationships involve numerous ups and downs and transpire over a certain period of time - weeks, months, years, decades if you wanna be more dramatic, centuries if you are aspiring to be one of the vampires in Anne Rice's mythology.

2. Love moves in mysterious ways. There will always be some kind of mystery tantamount to the conspiracy theories of Fox Mulder when one recalls past actions done in the name of love. Probably because those past actions defied physical laws like the law of gravity. Or simply because the actions were so stupid and oh so scary.

3. Love is a beautiful dream worth sleeping for. I know I am the prince. I know I am the knight in shining armor. And somewhere deep in the forest... somewhere in those mountains, vast lands and kingdoms... wala lang. Char char lang. Ahihihihi.

4. Love is constant. Over time, a person changes because of love. A person changes his attitude towards love. A person reacts differently to the positive or negative impacts of love. In fact, there are several documented cases on persons who just one day refuse to love for widely popular reasons and psychoses. But love shall remain constant. It will forever hover above us with its strange gifts and complicated wisdom. Char again.

5. Love is a strange feeling that only begins when you open up your heart and let somebody in. This must be one of the most heinous thoughts on love. It's so bloody corny. It's so shamefully melodramatic. It's so reminiscent of that Jose Mari Chan-Regine Velasquez song "Please Be Careful With My Heart." It's so ... me.

Gosh.

No comments: