Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Life in Musick >> 10,000 Maniacs

These are the twists.

Think. Who is your favorite music artist?

Read. Check out questions #1 to #15.

Reflect. How do you answer the questions using the songs of your artist as the answers?

Exciting huh?

1. Are you male or female:

Gold Rush Brides
Dakota on the wall is a white-robed woman, broad yet maidenly.
Such power in her hand as she hails the wagon man’s family.
I see Indians that crawl through this mural that recalls our history.
Who were the homestead wives?
Who were the gold rush brides?
Does anybody know?

2. Describe yourself:

Peace Train Now, I've been happy lately
Thinkin' about the good things to come
And I believe it could be something good has begun
I've been smilin' lately dreamin' about the world as one
And I believe it could be, some day it's going to come







3. How do you feel about yourself:

Trouble Me
Spare? Spare me? Don't spare me anything troubling.
Trouble me... disturb me with all your cares and you worries.
Speak to me... and let our words build a shelter from the storm.
Let me... And lastly, let me know what I can mend.
There's more, honestly, than my sweet friend, you can see.
Trust is what I'm offering if you trouble me

4. Describe your ex:

Gun Shy
I don't mean to argue, they've made a decent boy of you
and I don't mean to spoil your homecoming my baby brother Jude
and I don't mean to hurt you by saying this again,
they're so good at making soldiers
but they're not so good at making men.

5. Describe your current situation:

These Are Days
These are days you’ll remember.
Never before and never since, I promise, will the whole world be warm as this.
And as you feel it, you’ll know it’s true that you are blessed and lucky.
It’s true that you are touched by something that will grow and bloom in you.

6. Describe your current location:

Because The Night
Because the night belongs to lovers
Because the night belongs to us
With love we sleep
With doubt the vicious circle
Turns and burns
Without you I cannot live
Forgive, the yearning burning
I believe it’s time to heal to feel
So take me now, take me now, take me now



7. Describe where you want to be:

Eden
All in time, but the clock is another demon that devours our time in eden, in our paradise.
Will our eyes see well beneath us, flowers all divine?
Is there still time?
If we wake and discover in life a precious love, will that waking become more heavenly?

8. Your best friend is:

Like The Weather
Do I need someone here to scold me
or do I need someone who'll grab and pull me out of
four poster dull torpor pulling downward.
For it's such a long time since my better days.
I say my prayers nightly this will pass away.

9. Your favorite color is:

Grey Victory
Too few hands
Many wounds for closing
Marred by
Thirsting
Anguish
Fear lamenting
Here we stand
At the door to gold atomic age
Don't spoil your face with worry
Trust in
Earth bound kingdom come

10. You know that:

Candy Everybody Wants
If lust and hate is the candy,
If blood and love tastes so sweet,
Then we give ’em what they want.
So their eyes are growing hazy ’cos they wanna turn it on,
So their minds are soft and lazy.
Well... who do you wanna blame?

11. What’s the weather like:

What’s The Matter Here?
I'm tired of the excuses
Everybody uses

12. If your life was a television show it would be called:

Noah’s Dove
In your reckless mind,
You act as if you’ve got more lives.
In your reckless eyes, it’s never too late
For a chance to seize some
Final breath of freedom

13. What is life to you:

If You Intend
If you intend to live again,
Then take the outstreched hand of the one that needs you.
It’s been so long, we’ve missed you.
Why do you intend to speed your end?
Lie in the dark and let your limbs grow weaker, sinking low then deeper.
How can you be so near and not see everything?

14. What is the best advice you have to give:

Few And Far Between
’till you make your peace with yesterday, you’ll never build a future.
I swear by what I say.
Whatever penance you do, decide what it’s worth to you and then respect it.
However long it will take to weather your mistakes, why not accept it?

15. If you could change your name, you would change it to:

Jezebel
I’m not saying I’m replacing love for some other word to describe the sacred tie that bound me to you.
I’m not saying love’s a plaything.
No, it’s a powerful word, inspired by strong desire to bind myself to you.
How I wish that we never had tried to be man and his wife, to weave our lives into a blindfold over both our eyes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how do i love you?
there was no measuring
far above this dirty world
far above everything