Thursday, July 20, 2006

Tori

The Goddess of SinSuality

Clouds descending, I'm not policing what you think. And dream
i run into your thought from across the room. Just another trick, can i weather this? I've got a fever above my waist, you got a squeeze box on your knee. I know the truth is in between the 1st and the 40th drink. Concertina, concertina, a chill that bends. This i swear, you're the fiercest calm I've been in. Concertina

You say you don't want it again and again but you don't really mean it. You say you don't want it, this circus we're in but you don't you don't really mean it. You don't really mean it. How many fates turn around in the overtime. Ballerinas that have fins that you'll never find. You thought that you were the bomb yeah well so did i. Say you don't want it. Say you don't want it. Spark

Hey Jupiter, nothings been the same. So are you gay? Are you blue? Thought we both could use a friend to run to. And I thought I wouldn't have to be
with you something new. Sometimes I breathe you in, and I know you know. And sometimes you take a swim. Found your writing on my wall, if my hearts soaking wet,
boy your boots can leave a mess. Hey Jupiter

To the line. Through the dawn. To the light. To the turn. When you said -- You could drive all night. Drive all night. So I let Crazy take a spin. Then I let Crazy settle in. Kicked off my shoes. Shut reason out. He said "first let's just unzip your religion down" Crazy

Where the river cross, crosses the lake. Where the words jump off my pen and into your pages. Do you think just like that you can divide - This You as yours, Me as mine to before we were Us. If the rain has to separate from itself, does it say "pick out your cloud?" Your Cloud

Thought I knew you well. Thought I had read the sky. Thought I had read a change in your eyes. So strange, woke up to a world that I am not a part
except when I can play it's stranger. After all, what were you really looking for and I wonder when will I learn. Blue isn't red, everybody knows this. And I wonder
when will I learn, when will I learn. Guess I was in Deeper than I thought I was
if I have enough love for the both of us. Strange

Had a northern lad, well not exactly had. He moved like the sunset,
god who painted that. First he loved my accent, how his knees could bend. I thought we'd be ok, me and my molasses. But I feel something is wrong, but I feel this cake just isn't done. Don't say that you don't and if you could see me now, said if you could see me now. Girls you've got to know when it's time to turn the page. When you're only wet because of the rain, you know it's time to change. Northern Lad

I guess i'm an underwater thing, I'm liquid running. There's a sea secret in me, it's plain to see it is rising. But i must be flowing liquid diamonds,
calling for my soul at the corners of the world. Liquid Diamonds

Rolling and unrolling, coiling emerging running free, running through the underworld into your room. Is he real or a ghost-lie. She feels she isn't heard. And the veil tears and rages, til her voices are remembered and his secrets can be told. Lust

These tears i've cried, i've cried 1000 oceans. And if it seems I'm
floating. In the darkness. Well, I can't believe that I would keep keep you from flying. And I would cry 1000 more if that's what it takes to sail you home. Sail you home. Sail you home. 1000 Oceans

All songs by Tori Amos.

No comments: